CHOCOLATE SKIN CARE....WHY??
One of my favorite herbalist, Susan Weed, gives each of her interns a 2 pound block of dark chocolate to eat during their stay. She says it can make a bad day good in a few bites. She believes it is healthy for the soul. I AGREE!! But it is also great for the skin.
Dark chocolate is a skin-friendly ingredient that helps to keep your skin healthy, glowing and just flawless. Midnight Oil Soap offers Hot Chocolate Soap in a very limited supply every fall. Full of dark bitter ground chocolate.
Why Use Chocolate in Skin Care?
- It has powerful anti-oxidant properties and is considered to be a health food.
- Chocolate has skin softening properties, probably as it contains cocoa butter.
- It is used to smoothed out wrinkles due to the anti-oxidant properties.
- The anti-oxidant properties prevent the free radicals from causing damage to the skin’s elastin, other protein and collagen.
- It has a nourishing effect on the skin.
- One can exfoliate the dead skin cells and regenerate news ones.
- Hydration of the skin is possible.
- Eating foods that are rich in flavanoids, help to maintain collagen and fight against sun damage.
- Chocolate is a good moisturizer.
- It rejuvenates the skin.