LEMONADE MINT HONEY POPSICLE
Cleaning out a kitchen drawer, I found the Popsicle molds I used when my kids were little. I was about to put them into the Goodwill Pile, when I thought "who does not love cold Popsicle on a hot summer day"? With a huge patch of mint and a craving for lemonade, I combined them into a delicious treat.
HONEY: buy local, anything grown in your area supports your immune system. For centuries people have used honey for its healing properties.
MINT: is best known for its soothing the digestive tract. But it also helps stimulate appetite. It is the "happy" herb helping with fatigue and depression as well.
LEMONS: There are many health benefits of lemons that have been known for centuries. The two biggest are lemons’ strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers and their use as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons contain many substances--notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene--that promote immunity and fight infection.
Serves: 10 Popsicle
- handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup of honey (Use local honey)
- 2 cups of water
- 1¼ cups of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Lightly simmer mint leaves and honey in water for a couple minutes, like tea.
- When honey is dissolved strain mint leaves
- Squeeze lemons, and set aside.
- When mint simple syrup is cool, add lemon juice.
- Then pour into Popsicle molds are freeze overnight.
- To thaw, run hot water over molds and gently pull them out.