Autumn can play some nasty tricks on your skin with its winds and chilly weather. But you can give your skin a treat by using the perfect ingredient of the season, pumpkin, to reveal glowing new skin underneath.
Pumpkin Spa Bar contains a lot of amazing properties that benefit the skin in many different ways. So how does pumpkin help skin?
• Pumpkin is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
• Pumpkin contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
• Zinc in pumpkin seeds is brilliant for acne sufferers. Zinc will help control the hormone level and oil production, as well as assist with healing of the skin.
• Pumpkin seeds are high in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, which are necessary to maintain good barrier function of the skin. They also regulate sebum, great for an oily skin.
• The molecular structure of pumpkin is small and therefore can penetrate deeper into the skin when used topically. This is amazing for treating a dull complexion, aging skin and pigmentation.
Pumpkin is generously rich in natural enzymes that, if applied topically, can help provide an active exfoliating treatment. Pumpkin is also very soothing and hydrating, leaving the skin looking youthful, healthy and plump. (We should alternatively call this fruit a pumpkin). Pumpkin seed oil is rich in essential fatty acids that provide your skin with the utmost nutrition.
PUMPKIN PANCAKE RECIPE
1Cup Oat Flour
1/2 (15 oz) canned pureed pumpkin or us fresh
3/4 Cup plant milk
1TBS real Maple Syrup
1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie seasoning
dash of salt
Combine all ingredients and stir into a thick batter. Keep batter in refrigerator and make them every morning or make them all and place in freezer. I like to make two fresh every morning! I adore them!!!!
Place `1/4 cup batter ( makes one) on to a non-stick sprayed surface and cook.
FOR SERVING: this is what makes them extra delicious...top with raisins, dried cranberries, crushed pecans and shelled pumpkin seeds add a little real maple syrup and enjoy!